Steps to Complete
1. Submit a Statement of Legal Residence
- University Policy states that all students must submit a Statement of Legal Residence (SLR), which is used to determine tuition charges. Any student who fails to submit a SLR or any requested documents will be charged Nonresident tuition, regardless of actual resident status and have a registration hold placed on their records.
- Visit the Office of the Registrar website to learn more and submit the Statement of Legal Residence.
2. Complete Health and Wellness Requirement with proof of immunizations
- Prior to enrollment: Provide proof of required immunization to vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Prior to course registration: Satisfy Health and Wellness Requirement with proof of required immunizations.
3. Complete Online Pre-Orientation Homework
- After completing Orientation Registration, all students must complete Online Pre-Orientation Homework. You can access the Pre-Orientation Homework here.
- There are 4 modules to view (with a quiz at the end) covering important information prior to your orientation session, including course requirements, financial information, campus resources, and more.
- Anticipate 35-45 minutes to watch all 4 modules and take the quiz.
- It is essential to complete the Pre-Orientation Homework as it will help prepare you for the program, and failing to complete some tasks may prohibit students from registering for Fall Quarter classes.
4. Upload a Photo for your UC Davis AggieCard
- AggieCard is the official UC Davis photo identification card; giving students access to the many available products services, resources, and benefits available to UC Davis students.
- All students who register for an Orientation session are expected to upload their AggieCard photo at least 10 business days prior to the program start date.
- All students must upload a recent photo for their AggieCard to be processed using these photo requirements. Photos not meeting the requirements will be denied so they recommend students submit this as early as possible.
- Learn about the process on the AggieCard website.
- To upload a photo, log onto the AggieCard Photo Upload page using your Kerberos ID and passphrase.
- A government-issued photo ID (ex. Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, etc.) is required in order to receive your AggieCard at Orientation.
5. Organize the Student Account
Student Accounting is the department on campus that organizes billing for each student. Before coming to campus, students should do several things to ensure a smooth billing process from the very beginning. Review the information below:
- Register for Direct Deposit via MyBill. Any credit balances on the student's account (Financial Aid disbursement, overpayments, etc.) will be directly deposited into a personal bank account, saving a trip to the Student Accounting office each quarter.
- MyBill is the UC Davis Student Account Suite, where students can check a balance, make electronic payments, view payment history, store payment methods, view and print billing statements and set up bills to be paid automatically. Students can register an Authorized User by logging into MyBill and following the instructions. This will give a designated person their own login access to the student's private information in the Student Account. By registering an Authorized User, students are granting official permission and abiding by Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) laws. For more information regarding Privacy Laws and how they apply to students at UC Davis, visit the Office of the University Registrar. Student Accounting will not be able to discuss any account information to anyone other than the student and an authorized user.
- Student Accounting bills on the 22nd of each month to any student who has a balance on their account. Students who do not have an outstanding balance will not receive a billing statement. All billing statements are available at MyBill unless the student chooses to opt-out of electronic billing. Opting-out of electronic billing also precludes the student from use of any electronic functionality, including authorized third-party access, electronic payment, and the ability to access prior statements. All billing notifications are sent via the student's UC Davis email account. Authorized users receive a notification to the email account on MyBill. Fall quarter charges (tuition, fees, housing, Orientation, etc.) are billed on August 22 and International & National Orientation charges are billed October 22.
- Visit the UC Davis Cashier's Office for details and options regarding account payments.
6. Prepare for Class Registration - Check Schedule Builder for Holds
During Orientation you will be registering for classes. In order to best prepare yourself for registration it’s important to identify and attempt to get rid of any academic holds that could prevent you from registering
What is an academic/registration hold?
- A hold is a block to registration from an entity on campus (most commonly the Registrar’s Office, Student Health and Counseling Services, etc.). Depending on the type of hold, it prevents a student from registering to the next term’s classes until it is removed
How to check if you have a hold:
- Go to myucdavis
- Login with your UCD ID and Kerberos password
- Click on “Academics”
- Under “Academics” click on “Registering for Classes”
- Click on “Login to Schedule Builder”
- Choose your next registration term (Fall 2019)
- Any holds that are in your account will appear in a big red box
- Most common holds are the Immunization and Statement of Legal Residence
How to remove Registration Hold:
- For any immunization hold, you need to provide your immunization records to the Student Health and Counseling Services. See item #2 above.
- Most other common registration holds will have specific instructions (usually given in the red box in Schedule Builder or via email), sometimes including contacting a specific campus entity. If you have any questions on a type of hold contact the following:
- Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) Hold: Office of the Registrar, see item #1 above.
- Advising Hold: Your College Dean’s Office
Quick Note: If you are unable to remove a hold before Orientation, that’s okay! Your Orientation Leader will help you but be sure to notify them of your holds upon arriving to your orientation session.
7. Prepare for Class Registration - Tools to search for courses
During Orientation, students register for fall quarter courses.
There are different ways to search for courses during Orientation. Review the options below in preparation for class registration:
- Review the UC Davis General Catalog online. Students attending Orientation can download the PDF Version of UC Davis General Catalog in advance to a mobile device (laptop, tablet, smartphone) in order to search for course options during Orientation.
- Plan to bring a laptop, tablet, or smartphone to ensure access to Schedule Builder. If you do not have any of these devices, your Orientation Leader will have a laptop you may borrow for class registration. Please note if multiple students require use of this laptop, there may be a wait for you to register for classes.
8. Download the "UC Davis NOW" App
We strongly encourage you download our mobile guide, UC Davis NOW, to enhance your experience at Orientation. You will be able to plan your day with a personalized schedule and browse resources, maps, and more.
Download the UC Davis NOW app from the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace, open the app, then enter “New Student Guide” in the search box and click “download guide”. The app is compatible with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches and Android devices.
9. International Students: Important Visa Information
If attending any of the summer orientation dates during June, July or August, First-Year International Students cannot stay in the United States to wait for the beginning of fall quarter. The F-1 visa will only allow entrance to the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the beginning of instruction. Students should contact their SISS international student advisor with any questions.