What to Bring
All students should bring the following to International & National Orientation:
- Photo identification is required for check-in and must be a government-issued ID in order to receive an AggieCard during First-Year Orientation.
- A printout of the Orientation Registration Confirmation.
- Student identification number, UC Davis Login ID, and Kerberos passphrase
- Pencil, pen and notebook to take notes.
- A bag or backpack to carry materials during the program.
- Laptop or mobile device to assist in viewing Schedule Builder, the UC Davis General Catalog, and departmental websites.
Note: It is the personal responsibility of each participant to ensure the safety of the mobile device at all times. UC Davis Orientation does not assume responsibility for loss or stolen property.
- A watch or an electronic device to keep time.
- Variable clothing for hot weather and air-conditioned rooms. Some buildings and lecture halls will have room temperatures that cannot be adjusted or controlled.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- A water bottle to stay hydrated. There are hydration stations in many residential buildings to fill water bottles.
- An alarm clock
- Other basic toiletries (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.).
- Robe and/or shower shoes (bathrooms are community-style).
- Pillow, blanket and any other bed linens. (Please reference the Student Housing Checklist for other suggested items when living in the Residence Halls).
- All students who register for the International and National Program and Overnight will have access to use the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) and the Recreation Pool. Please bring appropriate attire (shoes, swimsuit, shorts, etc.) for swimming and exercise.
- Students with a Student Housing and Dining Services contract should also review Moving in Checklists and the list of what to bring when moving in.
- Basic First-Aid supplies (band aids, antibiotic ointment, alcohol wipes, etc.) *Orientation does not carry these items and cannot distribute to participants.
- Any necessary medication
Prepare Mobile Devices
To assist in viewing Schedule Builder, the UC Davis General Catalog, and departmental websites, Orientation requests that student participants bring their laptops to their International and National Orientation session.
- It is the personal responsibility of each participant to ensure the safety of the laptop at all times. UC Davis Orientation does not assume responsibility for loss or stolen property.
- If a laptop is already owned, register it in advance. See the Student Housing Residential Computing information for registering your laptop. For additional assistance, call the IT Express Help Line at 530-754-HELP [754-4357].
- Student participants will be able to connect to the internet via wireless connections.
- Overnight participants will have one ethernet port (wired) connection per room. Orientation does not provide ethernet cables. You will need to have already registered your laptop with Computing Accounts Services to use the ethernet port in your room.
- Wireless internet access is available in the Residential Areas during International and National Orientation. You will need your Kerberos login and passphrase to access WiFi during Orientation.
- For further information, see the Student Technology Guide.