Welcome to UC Davis!
Orientation & the First-Year Experience programs want to provide you with information to assist you with a successful transition to UC Davis. Incoming first-year and transfer students entering for the spring quarter are encouraged to their respective College Dean's Office before their Pass 1 appointment.
Students who are admitted during Spring quarter are encouraged to make an appointment with the First-Year Experience Peer Advisers for orientation assistance. This is an opportunity to receive help with course scheduling and adjust course schedules, learn about GE and major requirements and gain information about campus resources and involvement opportunities.
To assist with course scheduling and registration, all new students should contact their College Dean’s office and/or refer to the email sent to them from their College Dean’s Office/Biology Academic Success Center (BASC).
- College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences (530-752-0108)
- College of Biological Sciences (BASC) (530-752-0410)
- College of Engineering (530-752-1979)
- College of Letters & Science (530-752-0392)
When you arrive to campus in Spring Quarter, additional academic advising is available in the Academic Advising Centers of the three residential areas of Student Housing. During the first week of spring quarter, new students can meet with a First-Year Experience peer advis
eor for additional advising and campus resource information. The peer advis eors can help welcome you to the university, answer general advising questions, and assist you with getting connected to resources and opportunities on campus.
The Academic Advising Centers are open for spring quarter drop in advising beginning on April 2, 2018. The hours are, Monday – Thursday 10am – 8pm. On Fridays, our hours are 10am-4pm in the Segundo and Tercero Academic Advising Centers and 10am-2pm in the Cuarto Academic Advising Center.
View detailed information regarding Placement Exams, College Deans Office, and general class schedule advising resources on the Advising Resources page.
Campus Resources for Students
Regardless of the time of year a student begins, these are great resources to reference.
- Registrar's Office - get your AggieCard at 1210 Dutton Hall when you move to Davis. Find information about when and where to get your ID card, and what you’ll be able to use it for.
- Student Housing - if moving on campus, be sure to review "what to bring" and "moving in to the residence halls."
- Off-Campus Housing - if living with Student Housing (Student Housing Apartments or Residence Halls), review information on the Admissions web site; students can also find information about off-campus living through Student Housing.
- UC Davis Bookstore - reserve your textbooks online before classes begin; there is no extra charge for this service and your credit card or student account will not be billed until your order is processed.
- Financial Aid - view MyAwards, important dates and much more!
- Student Accounting - view detailed information about billing and payments.