Check-in is from 7:20 - 8:10 A.M. each morning. Please read below to see the location of your Check-In based on the program date you sign up for. The program begins promptly at 8:25 A.M. All students should bring a government issued (state or federal) photo ID to check-in. If a student or family participant(s) does not arrive by 10:00 A.M. on the day of the registered session or cancels the reservation less than two days prior to the registered session, the enrollment in the program will be cancelled and, the student will be responsible for the full reservation fee for all registered participant(s), regardless of UC Davis student status in Fall 2018.
Check-In Location based on Program Dates
- Session 1 – Wednesday, August 8 - Location: Mondavi Performing Arts Hall
- Session 2 – Thursday, August 9 - Location: Mondavi Performing Arts Hall
- Session 3 – Friday, August 10 - Location: Mondavi Performing Arts Hall
- Session 4 – Monday, August 13 - Location: Mondavi Performing Arts Hall
- Session 5 – Tuesday, August 14 - Location: Tercero Residence Area; Wall Main Lounge
- Session 6 – Wednesday, August 15 - Location: Tercero Residence Area; Wall Main Lounge
Materials distributed at Check-in for registered participants:
- Name Badge
- Orientation Materials
- Registered student and family participants receive separate materials
- Each student will receive one set of Orientation Materials
- Each family is issued one set of Orientation Materials, regardless of the number of participants registered
- Additional materials are not available for distribution or purchase
- Parking Permit (if needed)
Other tasks to complete during Check-In:
- Collect Aggie ID Card. See Pre-Orientation tasks
- Place parking permit on vehicle's dashboard (if needed)
- Visit the Resource Fair (Read more below)
There will be a Resource Fair held from 7:35-8:15 A.M. at the same time as Check-In. After you complete your check-in steps, we invite you to browse the Resource Fair tables and talk with representatives of our departments. Please note department participation may vary session to session. We encourage all guests to arrive on time to check-in so that they may have the full time to spend at the Resource Fair. The Resource Fair will close at the beginning of the scheduled program, at 8:25 A.M.
Check-Out and Program Conclusion
There are no steps for checking out of Orientation. The Orientation Student and Family program will conclude the Student Success Workshops which is approximately 5:30 P.M.
All international transfer students should anticipate staying for the mandatory session, 12x12 Expectations for International Students from 5:45 - 6:45 P.M. after their respective Orientation session. This workshop is required for all F-1 Visa students. This session will review important information regarding immigration, visa regulations, employment, and how to maintain your legal status while studying at UC Davis.