Welcome to UC Davis!
Register for Orientation through MyAdmissions. Registration deadlines for Orientation sessions are as follows:
- Transfer Orientation registration deadline is Monday, June 5, 2017.
- First-Year Orientation registration is two weeks (14 days) before the each session.
- International and National Orientation registration deadline is Saturday, July 1, 2017.
First-Year Students: Permit 24-48 business hours after submitting a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) for the Orientation Registration system to update and allow participants to register.
UC Davis and the Orientation office will be closed on Monday, May 29 in recognition of the Memorial Day holiday. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, May 30.
Congratulations on your admission into one of the most innovative research institutions in the country! The Division of Student Affairs and the entire UC Davis campus welcome you, our newest scholars and family members, into UC Davis.
Orientation is a critical academic program that should not be missed! Every new student is expected to participate in the Orientation program. Orientation is your opportunity to learn how to navigate campus and academic resources. During Orientation you will interact with students, staff and faculty from diverse backgrounds who will share with you strategies for academic, personal and global success. We are excited to help you create a home away from home in partnership with your family.
The goals of the UC Davis Orientation program are to:
- Support your transition into a large research university;
- Connect you with your college and academic advising resources, including undergraduate research and internship opportunities;
- Help you understand what it means to be a respected and respectful member of our multicultural UC Davis community by introducing you to our Principles of Community;
- Encourage you to engage with the campus community and get involved in various clubs and organizations;
- Guide you in finding the answers to your important questions.
In essence, we believe that the key to being successful at UC Davis begins with Orientation and quality advising. We look forward to helping students and their families embark on this new journey. Orientation is a once-in-a-lifetime experience where you will chart your academic course, meet new people, discover mentors and caring advisers, begin to explore your true passions, and of course, have fun. It’s the beginning of developing your Aggie Pride, and we are thrilled to welcome you this summer!