Congratulations on your student’s acceptance to UC Davis! Orientation recognizes that students have many people in their lives who have supported and encouraged their success leading to admittance to UC Davis. We know that families are comprised of various backgrounds and experiences. Whether you are a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling, partner, spouse, legal guardian, dependent or friend, welcome to the Aggie family! We know that this achievement is shared by all who support our amazing students, especially you. There are many ways you can support your student while they transition to UC Davis, and Orientation is a great place to learn about them.
Aggie 101 Online Modules
Your student is completing Aggie 101, an online program that will introduce them to resources and campus policies and expectations. Aggie 101 has valuable information for families as well, and you can access the program by creating a Guest account. Keep in mind that Aggie 101 shows your student specific screens based on some of their personal attributes as a UC Davis admit (First-Year, Transfer, or International Student). As a guest, your view will vary from your student's and may have some screens that are not applicable to your student (e.g. if they are not a Letters and Science student or they are not an international student), which includes the appearance of duplicate screens.
On Campus Orientations
The following programs will take place on September 23 and September 24, all families are welcome to attend free of charge.
- Parent and Family Orientation
- Learn about important campus resources to support your students' success and meet current UC Davis students.
- Platica Familiar
Estimados padres/madres de familia, les invitamos a estar en familia y a platicar acerca de como apoyar a sus estudiantes en UC Davis. Aprenda acerca de ayuda financiera, los dormitorios/plan de comida y de los recursos disponibles para que sus estudiantes encuentren apoyo académico y personal. Conozca a la facultad de UC Davis y aprenda de como el estudiante es apoyado en la clase. Estudiantes de UC Davis estarán presentes para platicar en detalle acerca de sus experiencias universitarias. Usted tendrá la oportunidad de hacer sus preguntas en familia.
Dear parents, we'd like to invite you to be in family and to talk with us about how to support your students at UC Davis. Join us to learn about financial aid, student housing and dining, and about the resources available to support students academically and personally. Come and meet UC Davis faculty and learn about how students are supported in class. A panel of current UC Davis students will attend to talk in detail about their university experience. You will have the opportunity to ask your questions in family.
9/23: 9:30-11:30 AM
9/24: 2:00-4:00 PM
- First Generation and EOP Student and Family Welcome
- Connect with staff and faculty who support First Generation and EOP scholars and meet the families of other new students.
- Aggie Family Experience
- Meet with Parent and Family Programs, explore the UC Davis Stores, mingle with other families.
Fill out our interest form here!Registration for Parent and Family Orientation will open after student housing assignments are released. This will allow you to register for a program that coincides with your student’s move-in date.
Parent and Family Resources
We highly recommend completing Aggie 101 to view many of the resources available to your students. Below are some resources of specific interest to families:
- Parent and Family Programs - discover the resources available from UC Davis specifically for you!
- Parent Resources at UC Davis - access information just for parents and family members of UC Davis students.
- UC Davis Parents Fund - Discover how parents can support and enrich the educational experience of all UC Davis students.
- Family Fellows Program - Learn about a committee of parents who commit to invest, impact, and inspire our students through philanthropy.
- Financial Aid - understand your student's financial aid package.
- Student Accounting - resources for paying your student's bill.
- Academic Calendar - view the complete academic calendar for the upcoming school year.
- Hotels (provided by Yolo County Visitors Bureau)
- Banking options (provided through Google search results)
- Transportation off campus (provided by UC Davis Transportation Services)
- Transportation to Sacramento International Airport or San Francisco International Airport (provided by UC Davis Services for International Students and Scholars)
- Weather in Davis (provided by weather.com)