Welcome to the Aggie Family!
Congratulations on your student’s acceptance to UC Davis! Orientation recognizes that students have many people in their lives who have supported and encouraged their success leading to admittance to UC Davis. We know that families are comprised of various backgrounds and experiences. Whether you are a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling, partner, spouse, legal guardian, dependent or friend, welcome to the Aggie family! We know that this achievement is shared by all who support our amazing students, especially you. There are many ways you can support your student while they transition to UC Davis, and Orientation is a great place to learn about them.
Aggie 101 Online Modules
Your student is completing Aggie 101, an online program that will introduce them to resources and campus policies and expectations. Aggie 101 has valuable information for families as well, and you can access the program by creating a Guest account. Keep in mind that Aggie 101 shows your student specific screens based on some of their personal attributes as a UC Davis admit (First-Year, Transfer, or International Student). As a guest, your view will vary from your student's and may have some screens that are not applicable to your student (e.g. if they are not a Letters and Science student or they are not an international student), which includes the appearance of duplicate screens.
Aggie Parent & Family Orientation 2021
Registration is required, see details and registration links below.
- Aggie Parent & Family Orientation Webinar - August 11 & 12; 5:30-7:00 PM
- Learn about important campus resources to support your students' success and meet current UC Davis students. This program will be a webinar. Content will be different each night.
Presenters will include First Year Experience, Student Housing and Dining Services, Financial Aid, Student Accounting, UC Davis Stores, Student Health and Counseling Services, UCPD, and Aggie Parent and Family Association.
Aggie Parent & Family Orientation Registration
- Plática Familiar Zoom Meeting - August 11 & 12; 5:30-7:00 PM
Estimados padres/madres de familia, les invitamos a estar en familia y a platicar acerca de como apoyar a sus estudiantes en UC Davis. Aprenda acerca de ayuda financiera, los dormitorios/plan de comida y de los recursos disponibles para que sus estudiantes encuentren apoyo académico y personal. Conozca a la facultad de UC Davis y aprenda de como el estudiante es apoyado en la clase. Estudiantes de UC Davis estarán presentes para platicar en detalle acerca de sus experiencias universitarias. Usted tendrá la oportunidad de hacer sus preguntas en familia.
Esta reunión va ocurrir usando el programa de Zoom. Para leer como usar el programa de Zoom, visita este sitio.
Dear parents, we'd like to invite you to be in family and to talk with us about how to support your students at UC Davis. Join us to learn about financial aid, student housing and dining, and about the resources available to support students academically and personally. Come and meet UC Davis faculty and learn about how students are supported in class. A panel of current UC Davis students will attend to talk in detail about their university experience. You will have the opportunity to ask your questions in family.
- Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS): How to Support your Student - August 13; 8:00-9:30 AM (PST)
Family members are an essential support network for their students, as new students may face different challenges to adjustment during their first year and beyond. Join us for a live panel discussion with different advisors on how parents or family members can help support their student while at UC Davis, whether in the U.S. or at home. This session is open to all parents and family members no matter where your undergraduate student is studying from.
SISS Webinar Registration
- Aggie Parent & Family College Overview - August 13; 4:15-5:15 PM
Curious about your student’s academic journey and the road ahead? All four colleges will host presentations during this time to share information about campus resources and opportunities for students to succeed!
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences: Link coming soon
College of Biological Sciences: Link coming soon
College of Engineering (no registration necessary): Engineering Webinar Link
College of Letters and Science: Letters and Science Registration
- First Generation and Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Student and Family Welcome - August 13; 5:30-7:00 PM
- Connect with staff and faculty who support First Generation and EOP scholars and meet the families of other new students. This event is meant as a supplement to the Parent & Family Orientation, it will cover different information.
Visit these links for more information:
First Generation Initiative: https://firstgen.ucdavis.edu/
Educational Opportunity Program (EOP): https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/educational-opportunity-program
First Generation and EOP Welcome Registration
Move-In Days Programming
There may be a number of in-person events hosted for parents and families during campus move in days (September 14-16). We will update this website with any information regarding in-person programming in late August.
Parent and Family Resources
We highly recommend completing Aggie 101 to view many of the resources available to your students. Below are some resources of specific interest to families:
- Parent and Family Programs - discover the resources available from UC Davis specifically for you!
- Parent Resources at UC Davis - access information just for parents and family members of UC Davis students.
- UC Davis Parents Fund - Discover how parents can support and enrich the educational experience of all UC Davis students.
- Family Fellows Program - Learn about a committee of parents who commit to invest, impact, and inspire our students through philanthropy.
Additional Resources of Interest
- Academic Calendar - view the complete academic calendar for the upcoming school year.
- Banking options (provided through Google search results)
- Financial Aid - understand your student's financial aid package.
- First Year Aggie Connections is a great way for new students to meet other new first year and transfer students to build community. Many new students have made connections through their First Year Aggie Connection because they are small sized groups based on a shared purpose, interest, or theme.
- Hotels (provided by Yolo County Visitors Bureau)
- Student Accounting - resources for paying your student's bill.
- Transportation off campus (provided by UC Davis Transportation Services)
- Transportation to Sacramento International Airport or San Francisco International Airport (provided by UC Davis Services for International Students and Scholars)
- Weather in Davis (provided by weather.com)