The final step of your orientation experience!
Aggie Orientation 2021: September 17-21
Aggie Orientation is a five day, on campus* program that begins after Residence Hall move-in. You DO NOT need to register; Aggie Orientation is mandatory and all students are automatically signed up!
By participating in Aggie Orientation, you will…
- Begin to build support networks with fellow Aggies that include new and current students, faculty, and staff.
- Become familiar with navigating our expansive campus to access relevant people and resources.
- Experience first-hand the academic rigors of UC Davis with the guidance of faculty.
- Be welcomed by college and major advisors essential to your academic success.
- Discover how you contribute to our diverse community.
You’ll be placed in a small group of students with a trained Orientation Leader who will be your guide throughout Aggie Orientation. If you will require an accommodation during Aggie Orientation, please see our accommodations page.
*The Orientation program will follow all COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations provided by health officials and UC Davis leadership. If the program changes for any reason students will be notified via email.
There are several events before Aggie Orientation designed to serve specific populations of students and their families.
- Aggie Family Orientation & Plática Familiar (August 11 & 12)
- First Generation/Educational Opportunity Program Student and Family Welcome (Dates TBD)
Program Format and Sample Schedule
Every group of students will have a unique and individualized schedule facilitated by your Orientation Leader.
Read about what we've got planned for you during Orientation here:
- OL Group Meetings – Meet with your Orientation Leader and get to know other students in your small group. Orientation Leaders will help you navigate your online Aggie Orientation schedule, facilitate activities, and answer your questions.
- Davisfest – Learn about campus departments that can get you connected to involvement, internship, volunteer, and employment opportunities. If you want to learn how to find a community and get involved, Davisfest is a great place to start!
- Evening socials – We have many opportunities for you to make connections with other students and have fun in the evenings! Prizes will be awarded throughout the evening.
- College Welcome – Hear from faculty and staff in your academic college and learn what resources and opportunities await you through your college.
- Programming with your academic college – From academic advising to clubs related to your major, there is so much your college offers!
- Aggie Success: A Professor's Guide: Learn from faculty how to succeed as a student at UC Davis.
- Violence Intervention and Prevention Program - Representatives from the Center for Advocacy Resources and Education (CARE) discuss campus safety and resources. The VIP presentation is mandatory for all incoming UC Davis students. If you miss this session, a registration hold will be placed on your record until you attend the session in the fall. Late arrivals will be asked to attend a later session.
- Health, Wellness, and You! - Explore student wellness and how this can affect new students. Learn about resources that can support you while at UC Davis.
Aggie Orientation 2021 Sample Schedule is coming soon!