Save the Date!
Check In: September 23 or 24
Aggie Orientation: September 25-29
Aggie Orientation is a five day, on campus program that begins after Residence Hall move-in. You DO NOT need to register; Aggie Orientation is mandatory and all students are automatically signed up!
By participating in Aggie Orientation, you will…
- Begin to build support networks with fellow Aggies that include new and current students, faculty, and staff.
- Become familiar with navigating our expansive campus to access relevant people and resources.
- Experience first-hand the academic rigors of UC Davis with the guidance of faculty.
- Be welcomed by college and major advisors essential to your academic success.
- Discover how you contribute to our diverse community.
You’ll be placed in a small group of students with a trained Orientation Leader who will guide you through all aspects of Aggie Orientation. If you will require an accommodation during Aggie Orientation, please see our accommodations page.
There are several events during Residence Hall move-in days designed to serve specific populations of students and their families. More information about these events will be coming soon.
- Veteran and Dependent Orientation
- International Center Open House
- First Generation/EOP Student and Family Welcome
- Transfer and commuter student welcome and Violence Intervention & Prevention (VIP) training
- Open advising hours in major/college departments; visit Aggie Advising for more information
Every group of students will have a unique and individualized schedule facilitated by your Orientation Leader. A sample schedule is coming soon.
Check in for Orientation varies by where you will live during your first year at UC Davis. You will receive email instructions with your specific check in location and instructions.
|Check In Location||Parking|
|Students Living in the Residence Halls||You will check in to Orientation when you check in to your residence hall room. Visit the Residence Hall Move-In page for more information, and check your UC Davis email in August for your specific housing assignment.||Parking instructions will be included in your housing assignment email in August. Parking fees are not included in the cost of Orientation.|
|Commuter Student or Students living in Student Housing Apartments||You will check in on September 24 at the Mondavi center. You will be emailed a specific check in time in September. After check in, you will stay for a campus welcome and a mandatory training. Expect to stay for ~2 hours.||Park in UC Davis Parking Lot Number 1. Parking fees are not included in the cost of Orientation.|
On both Check in days, families and supporters of new students can attend the Parent & Family Program.
We recommend commuting by bike or bus whenever possible. If you are driving to campus, you will receive guidance when you check in to Orientation about parking options that will be the most convenient for your schedule. You can work with your Orientation Leader after meeting them if you have any questions about parking throughout your Orientation week. Parking fees are not included in the cost of Orientation.