The final step of your orientation experience!
Winter Aggie Orientation: January 2 & 8
Winter Aggie Orientation is a two day, on campus* program that begins after Residence Hall move-in. You DO NOT need to register; Aggie Orientation is mandatory and all students are automatically signed up! Aggie Orientation is also included in your Orientation fee. See our Policies and Fees page for more details.
By participating in Aggie Orientation, you will…
- Begin to build support networks with fellow Aggies that include new and current students, faculty, and staff.
- Become familiar with navigating our expansive campus to access relevant people and resources.
- Experience first-hand the academic rigors of UC Davis with the guidance of faculty.
- Be welcomed by college and major advisors essential to your academic success.
- Discover how you contribute to our diverse community.
You’ll be placed in a small group of students with a trained Orientation Leader who will be your guide throughout Aggie Orientation. If you will require an accommodation during Aggie Orientation, please see our accommodations page.
Accessing Aggie Orientation
In December, you'll be assigned to your Aggie Orientation Canvas page. You will receive an email to your UC Davis Email account once you have been assigned. This Canvas page is where you will find all your important Aggie Orientation information, including your group number, where to meet on the first day of Orientation, and your Orientation schedule.
Check In opens at 8:30 AM on January 2 at Wellman Hall. We encourage biking, walking, or taking the bus whenever possible. Parking can be found at the Quad Parking Structure and is free on the weekends.
January 3 (Wellman Hall)
- Check in 8:30 AM
- Aggie Orientation program 9:30-6:30 PM
- Lunch and Dinner included
- Aggie Orientation program 10 AM-2 PM
- Lunch included
Read about some of what we've got planned for you during Orientation here:
- OL Group Meeting – Meet with your Orientation Leader and get to know other students in your small group. Orientation Leaders will take you to your Aggie Orientation sessions, facilitate activities, and answer your questions.
- Programming from your academic college –Hear from faculty and staff in your academic college and learn what resources and opportunities await you through your college.
- Aggie Success: A Professor's Guide – Learn from faculty how to succeed as a student at UC Davis.
- Dive Into Downtown – Explore Downtown Davis, your new home!
- Health, Wellness, and You! – Discuss topics on student wellness and how this can affect new students, as well as learn about resources that can support you while at UC Davis.
- Biking 101 – Hands-on experience with bike safety, security, and navigating biking on campus. Not planning on biking? Help a friend or peer out with the info you learn!